It’s been pretty quiet on the blog front. I have been overthinking about whether to carry on with this as have been struggling to find the motivation to really get it going, procrastinating like I have never done before and then something lovely happened: I was nominated for a Liebster Award! It’s a kind of virtual award passed on from one blogger to another with the ideas to help connect and spread some love out there in the blogosphere.
The rather lovely Sorell from Letters to Peanut nominated me. She’s a fellow Instamum and since we’ve connected I’ve been enchanted by her posts and flattered that she found my own blog and left some lovely comments. Be sure to check Letters to Peanut out as it’s ace and makes me want to live up in Yorkshire.
Here are the rules:
- Write a blogpost about your nomination, displaying an image of the award ✓
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog ✓
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blogpost (see below!)
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer (I’ll try to nominate who I can below)
- List these rules in your blogpost ✓
Here are the 11 questions that I was asked and my answers:
- Who is one of your favourite bloggers and why?
I really love Hurrah for Gin and MotherPukka for mumym blogs. Both of these ladies have different styles but at their heart is the real side of being a parent and they have inspired me time and time again to get my own content out there.
- What is your go to ‘pick me up’ film?
Groundhog Day never fails to cheer me up, make me laugh, allow some time for existential thought AND inspire me to become an ice sculptor.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
I would love to be Madonna for one day. I find her really inspiring about would love to know how she still rocks it.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Listening to the Frozen Soundtrack and belting out the songs. I pretend that I have it in the car for my daughter BUT IT’S ME THAT’S LIKES IT OK?? Wow – that feels good to share that.
- Where is the most magical place you have been?
Iceland in mid-winter was the most magical place I have ever been. My husband and I took a road trip around the entire island (the story of which is over on another blog I write) and we got to see stunning scenery and *gasp* the northern lights even put on a show.
- Which song best describes you?
Victoria by The Kinks?
- If you could witness any event from the past, what would it be and why?
I would love to have seen Elvis Presley live in concert. Stick me in amongst the screaming teens so I can gaze up at that gyrating body and see if it has the same effect on me and I scream like a banshee!
- What is something you’ve always wanted to try but have been too scared to?
Oooh. I think I have always wanted to try horse riding but have been a little reserved about it. Generally I am quite game for a lot of things (see: driving across countries, skydiving and signing in a band) but for some reason am really worries about breaking an arm or something like that if I get thrown off.
- What is the best Disney movie to be released?
Whoa big question! There are so many to choose from. Film or animated? It might have to be Aladdin purely for the soundtrack but
- Is there a documentary or book that really changed the way you thought about something?
I read Dorothy Rowe’s Wanting Everything: The Art of Happiness back in my early twenties and it really opened my eyes to understanding my feelings about certain parts of my life. She tries to enlighten the reader in letting go of the need to please people (based on when we sought to be ‘good’ as children’) and understand that we no longer need to seek emotional approval from others in adults.
- What is your favourite cheesy pick up line?
“Did you hurt your head?” You know, when you fell from heaven…” When a cheeky Essex boy tried that line on me, it worked 😉
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- A alluded to above, I also write another blog based on my travels over here BUT I have neglected it since having baby back in 2014
- I used to be a singer in a London band that almost got played on BBC6 (almost)
- I can say “I do not speak Russian” in perfect Russian
- Last weekend I visited Italy for the first time
- I have only lived in Brighton for 18 months but think I will live here forever
- I can play Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ really well on the guitar (promise!)
- Since 2003 I have been a vegetarian
- I wanted to be a digital video editor at university but after I left I completed a web coding course instead
- Being on-time is a super-important trait of mine and I prepare for all travel and meetings like an obsessive
- I plan to own a sausage dog called ‘Bernard’ one day (if the cats allow it)
- The best cake ever is carrot cake and I will always eat it if it’s put in front of me
…and finally here are some blogs that are starting out that I would like to nominate:
Here are your 11 questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What was your favourite cartoon when you were young?
3. What do you hope to achieve in your blog this year?
4. Who is your favorite actor and why?
5. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. Is there a blogger who inspires you?
8. Best part about being a mum?
9. What are some of your goals for this year?
10. Best joke ever?
11. Who is your role model and why?
Thanks for reading a post about about ME – I’ll get back to writing about motherhood much sooner next time.